Over a dozen falsehoods were spewed by Donald Trump during the second presidential debate.
Sunday night saw the second presidential debate between Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump. Both notoriously haunted by their past are now in their final run to the Oval Office. While Hilary is no saint, Donald Trump’s lies during the second presidential debate were remarkable. Politicians usually lie in order to gain support of the masses and this particular article shines a rather bright light on that fact, and these lies don’t even have to do with his [Donald Trump] race to the Oval Office. This is just him defending his image or something.
With help from NBC News and PolitiFact, let’s see how the second presidential debate between Clinton and Trump went.
- Trump said he didn’t urge people to “check out a sex tape” about former Miss Universe Alicia Machado. He did.
- Trump said health care costs are going up by 68 percent, 59 percent, 71 percent. The national estimate ranges are far lower.
- Trump said Clinton “acid washed” her private email server. She didn’t. She used an app called Bleachbit, not a corrosive chemical.
- Trump said Clinton doesn’t know Russia hacked the DNC. U.S. intelligence has said they very likely did.
- Trump said Clinton got a man accused of raping a 12-year-old girl “off” his charges. She didn’t.
- Trump said Clinton laughed at a child rape victim. She didn’t.
- Trump said Clinton “viciously attacked” four women. This is largely unsubstantiated.
- Trump said his 2005 recording didn’t describe sexual assault. It did.
- Trump said Clinton’s campaign started the “birther” movement. She didn’t.
- Trump said Clinton wants a single payer healthcare. She doesn’t.
- Trump said the San Bernardino shooters’ neighbors saw bombs in their apartment. They didn’t.
- Trump said Clinton wants 550 percent more Syrian refugees. That’s true.
- Trump said the nation can’t screen those refugees. That’s false.
- Trump said he was against the Iraq invasion. He wasn’t.
- Trump said he doesn’t know Putin. That’s not what he said before 2015.
- Trump called Obama’s Syrian red line a “line in the sand” while Clinton said she wasn’t secretary of state then. They’re both wrong.
- Trump said Clinton will raise the middle class’ taxes. It won’t.
- Trump said Michelle Obama was in 2008 primary ads attacking Clinton. She wasn’t.
- Trump said the moderators hadn’t asked about Clinton’s emails. They had just finished a question about them.
- Trump said Bernie Sanders accused Clinton of exercising bad judgment. He did.
- Trump said the federal immigration enforcement agency ICE endorsed him. They didn’t, a union of some ICE employees did.
It would be more than safe to say that Donald Trump is quite capable when it comes to misleading people, and lying. The second presidential debate is proof enough. The people of the United States of America are witnessing a sad state of affairs having to choose between a rock and a hard place.
Note: The bold statements are lies.You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ for more updates. Otherwise fill in the subscription box above, or subscribe to our RSS Feed.